This is not new but I realized it is import and I have not blogged it. In order for me to continue Web API with Entity Framework I better just do a quick recap on how to create an ADO.NET Entity Data Model.
2. Right click on the Project choose Add -> New Item…
3. Select Data under Visual C#. Select ADO.NET Entity Data Model. The default name will be Model1.edmx. Click Add.
4. Select Generate from database in Entity Data Model Wizard.
5. Click Next. Choose New Connection if you do not have an existing connection. Type in the MS SQL Server name, I am using SQL Express so I put .\SQLEXPRESS. Choose the northwind database (you can get it here http://chanmingman.wordpress.com/2012/03/18/northwind-in-microsoft-sql-server-2012/ if you do not have one). Click OK.
6. Leave the Sava entity connection setting in Web.config as: checked. Click Next.
7. Choose all the tables under Choose your Database Objects and Settings.
You have the entity created.