You might somehow quiet unhappy after you have right clicked the Database -> Tasks -> Shrink then either you choose Database or Files followed by clicking the Ok button. After that you checked database log file with the ldf extension from Windows Explorer but the size is still about the same as before shrink it.
Follow the few steps below should be able to make you happier.
1. Right click the Database -> Properties. Select the Options.
2. Select Simple from the Recovery Model then click ok.
3. Right click the Database -> Tasks -> Shrink -> Files.
4. Select Log from File type:
5. From Shrink action choose Reorganize pages before releasing unused space
6. 0 or more can be set for the size Shrink file to in MB then click Ok.
Now, go to Windows Explorer and check the size of your ldf file that you have just shrinked.