Thanks to my college Samantha for this email so I do not have to write the article on “Test agent could not connect to the test controller” but copy and paste instead [laughing].
Problem : Test agent could not connect to the test controller
Thanks to Ming Man’s help again to find below Solution 1
1) Please copy vstf_testagent.exe onto your desktop from Test Agent Update 3
Note : If you have previously installed a test agent, please uninstall it first.
2) Install vstf_testagent.exe
3) Open as Notepad C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\QTAgentService.exe.config
4) Scroll to very bottom and add <add key=”BindTo” value=”enter your IP Address here”/> before </appSettings>
EG : <add key=”BindTo” value=”10.239.131.46″/>
5) [Only Admin users] Remote desktop to cybtfstc01 and make sure your NT ID is included in TeamTestControllerUsers and TeamTestAgentService group.
Note : Currently, TFS and QA Team are admin user to test controller VM. QA Team is part of TeamTestControllerUsers and TeamTestAgentService group already.
a. From your laptop, click start and enter remote desktop connection
b. Enter CYBTFSTC01 in computer box
c. Click Connect
d. Enter your NT ID and password
e. Move mouse cursor to bottom right, you will see three big icon
f. Click on the first Search icon
g. Enter “User” in Apps box, select Settings
h. Click on Edit local users and groups
i. Click on Groups
j. Double click TeamTestControllerUsers and ensure you are member of this group
k. Double click TeamTestAgentService and ensure you are member of this group
6) Open Test Agent Configuration Tool, enter your NT ID, password and test controller