This short article shows you how to get started using IONIC Framework for mobile development in Visual Studio 2013.
Ionic can work with Visual Studio 2013 but you need to install Tools for Apache Cordova Visual for Studio 2013 – CTP 3.1.
1. First you download the Ionic template from https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/8fa5bff2-e023-4e13-8b36-0244e935fb7d.
2. Start Visual Studio 2013. Go to File -> New -> Project…
4. The Internet Explorer will pop up (that depend on your default Web Browser set in your operating system). Click Install the Multi-Device Hybrid App Tools.
5. Well your Visual Studio for sure will be still open. Close your Visual Studio and click Retry.
6. Click I agree…. And click Next.
7. Click Install to start installing Tools for Apache Cordova for Visual Studio 2013 – CTP 3.1.
8. Click Close when finished.
10. Start Visual Studio 2013, select File -> New – Project… You will see the Install Tools for Apache Cordova is no longer there. You can choose any Ionic template, Ionic SideMenu Template for example. Then click OK.
11. You might see the screen to Review your developer license for Windows 8.1. Just click I Agree.
12. Click Run from Visual Studio then you will see the emulation as below.