This short article shows you the possible way to resolve the error “The SDDL string contains an invalid sid or a sid that cannot be translated”.
1. Determine which user account you want to use for the search service and add it to the WSS_Admin_WPG group.
2. Launch the SharePoint 2013 Management Shell and execute the following command: $SearchUser = Get-Credential YOUR-DOMAIN\YOUR-SEARCH-USER
3. Enter the credentials for the account when asked.
4. Next, execute this command: New-SPManagedAccount -Credential $SearchUser
5. Go to the following path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\15.0\Data\Office Server and find the folder that begins with “Analytics_”.
6. Right-click, choose Properties, Sharing tab, and the Advanced Sharing button.
7. Share this folder and click on Permissions.
8. Add the Search user account with Full Control and also add the WSS_ADMIN_WPG with Full Control.
9. Relaunch the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard and it should complete without an issue.
After I did that it was still did not work for me until I enable TCPIP in SQL Server. To enable the SQL Server TCPIP refer to here: https://chanmingman.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/a-network-related-or-instance-specific-error-occurred-while-establishing-a-connection-to-sql-server-the-server-was-not-found-or-was-not-accessible-verify-that-the-instance-name-is-correct-and-that-s/