This short article shows you one possible way to import the data into List in Office 365 SharePoint.
I kept searching in Google on how to import data from external application to Office 365 SharePoint List. There are few options I found actually.
1. Using the SharePoint SDK with C# or VB.NET.
2. Using SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS).
3. Using Microsoft Access Database.
The easiest way I found was using the Microsoft Access Database. Do the following.
1. On the List Ribbon click Open with Access.
2. Select a path for your Access file and select Link to data on the SharePoint site.
Now whatever you type or import (not as simple) to this Access table then Access will synchronize with Office 365 SharePoint automatically.