This short article shows you how to resolve the SharePoint access error “We’re sorry, but emailxxx can’t be found in the sharepointxxx directory”.
I did not find any alternative but to use SharePoint Online Management Shell to remove the user.
1. Install the SharePoint Online Management Shell.
2. Connect to SharePoint Online https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fp161372.aspx. For example, Connect-SPOService -Url https://contoso-admin.sharepoint.com -credential email@example.com, where:
– Url is the URL of the SharePoint Online Administration Center.
– Credential is the user name to which you want to grant access to the SharePoint Online Administration Center site.
3. Type Get-SPOExternalUser –PageSize 50.
4. Delete the user Remove-SPOExternalUser –UniqueIDs xxx.