This step-by-step article shows you how to setup SharePoint 2016 On-Premise.
The steps start with SharePoint itself. I will have another set of step will show you how to install start from Windows Server later.
When you insert the CD to the machine do not double click on setup.exe to install SharePoint 2016 but double click on prerequisiteinstaller.exe instead. This is to ensure the SharePoint 2016 software dependencies are already installed in your machine rather than keep failing SharePoint 2016 installation.
Once you have successfully installed all the prerequisite then you can double click setup.exe.
1. Double click on setup.exe.
2. You need to key in the product key. The product key is in the download site for SharePoint 2016 Preview. Of course, you need to pay msdn for RTM.
3. For Choose a file location I just leave it as default. Click Install Now.
You will now see this progress of the installation.
4. Make sure you check the Run the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard now, click Close.
5. In the Welcome dialog click Next.
6. In the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard click Yes.
7. I just have one server so I select Create a new server farm then click Next.
8. In Specify Configuration Database Settings do not use username like sa because you need to use a domain account, click Next.
9. Put any Passphrase as you like the click Next.
10. As mentioned I only use one server for all the roles so I chose Single-Server Farm then click Next.
11. I use default NTLM in Configure SharePoint Central Administration Web Application, click Next.
12. Confirm the information in Completing the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard then click Next. The will take long like 1 hour depend on how fast is your machine.
13. Click Finish.
14. The installation will now bring you to Welcome and I chose Start the Wizard.
15. I use Administrator for Service Applications and Services page. I did select Sandbox and Subscription services. I need that for Visual Studio later.
16. This took me 45 minutes and so.
17. You can now create your Team Site.
18. You then complete the Wizard. Click Finish.
19. It will bring your to Central Administration page and you are done.
I do not know how much difference will the final version of SharePoint 2016 installation be but it should not be very different.