This short article shows you how to move On-Premise Microsoft SQL Database to SQL Azure Database.
In the past we have struggling to restore the database to SQL Azure but unfortunately this is not happening.
Somehow Microsoft added a feature Deploy Database to Windows Azure SQL Database in SQL Management Studio.
To export the On-Premise Microsoft SQL Database to Windows Azure SQL Database, do the following.
1. Start SQL Management Studio 2014.
2. Right click on the database that you want to export, for example “NORTHWND (tree item)”.
3. Select Deploy Database to Windows Azure SQL Database.
4. Click on “Next > (button)” in “Deploy Database ‘NORTHWND'”.
5. Click on “Connect… (button)” in “Deploy Database ‘NORTHWND'”.
6. Type the authentication for your Windows Azure SQL Server.
7. Select on “S0 (list item)” if you remember the price showing in my previous blog. Click Next.
8. Review the summary then click on “Finish button)”.
9. Click Close when it is done.
You can now sign in to your portal and check.