This short article is showing you how to setup your own SharePoint 2016 Development Environment or some people will call it a development box.
There are other ways to do it of course but below is what I was doing.
1. Install Windows Server 2012 R2.
2. Install SQL Server 2014 with Service Pack 1.
3. Set a static IP v4 address.
4. Add Active Directory Domain Services role.
5. Run SharePoint 2016 PrerequisiteInstaller.exe.
6. Run SharePoint 2016 Setup.
7. Select the installation location. Click Install Now.
8. Check the Configuration Wizard then Close.
9. Click Next to start.
10 Choose Yes.
11. For me, everything is in a Box so Create a new server farm.
12. This is very important. SharePoint survivor is depending on the MS SQL Server. Type in all the right information before click Next.
13. You can type in any characters but do remember.
14. I only use one box so Single-Server Farm.
After this I will leave everything by default till the completion.
You have completed if you see the screen like the one below.
Now it is time to setup the default Site Collection. Click Start the Wizard.
Type in the Site name that you prefect then click Next.
One the Wizard is done then you can either choose Configure Hybrid Features or Finish. For me, I choose finish to end the setup.
You can now have your SharePoint 2016 running like the one below.