This short article shows you how to change the column width in SharePoint List.
You can see I have a list below and the Title column is narrow. In order to widen it, I open the url in Chrome (you can use IE).
1. Go to Developer Tools in Chrome.
2. Choose the Select an element in the page to inspect it.
3. Click on the Title in your List.
Then you will realized there is a black box written div, ms-vh-div.
When you look at the HTML at the right pane. You will see div and “ms-vh-div” as below.
4. Now you create a text file, txt, with the following JQuery. Save the text file for example SetColWidth.txt.
5. Go to the Site Assets in the Team Site.
6. Upload the text file to Site Assets.
7. Go back to the List that you want to set the column. Select Edit page.
8. Add a Web Part, choose Content Editor under Media and Content Categories.
9. Edit Web Part. Point to SetColWidth.txt in Site Assets in the Content Link.
10. Click OK and Stop Editing.
Now you should be able to see the column width size changed.