There is this hot topic in Human Resource world now a day, it is called Competency Based Interview. You need to answer these questions using EAR method.
E = Example Describe a speciﬁc situation and/or tasks that respond to the interview question.
A = Action(s) Discuss the approach you took to deal with the task, breaking down your actions one by one.
R = Results Conclude by describing speciﬁc, concrete outcomes of your actions. Make mention of accomplishments, awards, or improvements as a result of your actions. Describe what you learned/would do diﬀerently the next time. The most common error people make when using this method is to leave out the R-Results!
Below are the questions break down into 4 area, Accountability, Achievement Orientation, Communication, Commitment.
1. Tell me about a time when you had to stand your ground against a group decision. What was the situation and how do you handle it? What was the outcome?
2. Please describe a situation in which you received negative feedback from a supervisor or coworker. How did you respond to this feedback? What was the outcome?
1. Share with me a situation where you have made recommendations to achieve functional outcomes. What was the recommendations and how did you come out with it? What was the outcome as a results of your actions.
2. Describe a situation where you have to provide access to your resources for skill development purposes. How did you do it? What was the results?
3. Sometimes, no matter how hard we have tried, we may not achieve own work targets. Share a disappointment t hat you had in achieving your own goals. What happened? Why it happened? What did you learned from that experience
4. Tell me a time that you have to disagree with a change that was introduced to your function. How it impacted your function. How did you manage the situation? What was the outcome?
5. What was the most useful criticism you ever received?
Describe a time when you were able to effectively communicate a difficult or unpleasant idea to a superior.
How do you go about explaining a complex technical problem to a person who does not understand technical jargon? What approach do you take in communicating with people?
1. Tell me a situation where you have to demonstrate openness, receptive to new information and willing to listen when approached by others? How did you do? What was the result?
2. Describe a situation where you have to maintain continuous open and consistent communication with others? How did you do it? What was the outcome?
3. Share with me a situation when you have to communicate decisions or recommendation with sensitivity and tact decisions which did not go well as planned? What was the difficulty encountered? What did you learn from that experience?
1. Tell me a situation where you have to make choices and sets priorities to meet the organisations needs? How did you do? What was the result?
2. Describe a situation where you have to consult with others to achieve organisational objectives? How did you do it? What was the outcome?
3. Share with me a situation where you have to show exemplary conduct in modelling respect for the organisations goals and culture? What was the difficulty encountered? What did you learn from that experience?
4. Tell me a situation where you were unsuccessful in gaining cooperation and support from team members to achieve departmental objectives. What happened? How did you rectify this situation? What was the outcome?